Sunday, April 29, 2018

At the End of the Day

At the End of the Day, it's just you and your husband. No one else. No distractions.  The good the bad and the worst. That's it.

So today was the first day that Matt and I officially worked together. Matt got his real estate license and I am the weekend secretary at the office where he will hang his license.

Marriage is a funny thing. You go through ups and downs, some worse then others. During those times you decide to stay or leave, try or give up.  Defining moments.  Life-changing choices.

Matt and I have had our share of ups and downs like all married couples.  Some trivial, some marriage ending, foundation breaking times.  Stay or go. Make the choice.

We decided to fight, long and hard up hill battles that were not meant to be won. But we struggled, cried, cursed and lashed out.

And here we stand.  A bit bruised and worn, but standing nonetheless, strong, side by side.

I watched my husband today, his first day as a real estate agent, work with confidence.  Ask questions when needed and go forward alone to rise or fall, to fail or succeed.

I am so proud of him, of us.

Sitting back watching him work today, in my environment was scarey, exciting and so rewarding.

We made it through all the shit, the petty crap we all go through and the heartwrenching ups downs of a marriage.

I am so glad we stuck it out, had faith enough in each other to continue to grow, learn, grovel and forgive.

Today,  watching him, I knew we made it.



No comments:

Post a Comment