Tuesday, February 28, 2023

Dear Matt

Dear Matt,

Hello love. I went to take a shower the other day and realized I had none of my soap left. No big deal, but when you would tell me your worth as a man and husband were nill; it's times like this that remind me what I always told you my dear. 

You ran that house. Small things like always having soap, toilet paper, paper towels, every daily essentials.  They were always just there. I always appreciated it and told you so many times.  Yet you still felt inferior as a man. Nothing could have been further from the truth.

You dusted, moped and tidied up everything.  At Christmas time I would come home and the house would be decorated; so perfectly.

On the days you weren't too tired, dinner would be ready when I got home.

When Brittany would try to mop the floors or vacuum,  you would thank her; but that was your job. 

I hope with all my heart that you realized your worth. I know your family did. 

Matt, you made all the changes in my life after my promotion at work doable.  You were there for me every single day at 5;00 when I would call you after work. You would listen to me cry, vent and be boast about my day. You always listened and were there for me. 

I'm lost without that. Brittany and Shayne get the calls now. Not really fair for them really.  Yet they listen and are patient.  

I'll make it through this a stronger person.  It's going to take time.  Too much time.

Right now, I just don't want to ever get out of bed. 

I love you my dear. I miss you

1 comment: